Covid-19 Guidelines and Procedures:
Your safety and the safety of our staff is of utmost importance to us. Based on consultation from the Ministry of Agriculture and complying with the BC Ministry of Health, here are the following protocols for this 2020 season:
- If you or anyone in your household is feeling ill, has a cough, fever, or any flu-like symptoms, has been in contact with anyone with Covid-19, or travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days, we ask that you refrain from visiting until you are symptom-free.
- There will be sanitization stations available for you. Please sanitize when you arrive.
- Face masks are highly recommended in high traffic areas for adults and children. Please bring your own mask. Again, to emphasize we prefer you wear a mask in and around our staff and building.
- We ask that you follow physical distancing guidelines requiring six feet apart (2 meters) from other families and with staff at all times.
- Please follow all directional signage throughout the farm.
- There will be cleaning products available for you to sanitize the handsaws before and after use. You are welcome and encouraged to bring your own handsaw or battery powered reciprocating saw. Chainsaws or axes are not permitted.
- There will be cleaning products available for you to sanitize carts before and after use.
- We will have one entrance and one exit into our barn for pre-cut trees. Please obey signage.
- Payments will now be made outside the barn through a window with a plexiglass shield. Debit, Visa, Mastercard and cash accepted.
- Portable washrooms will be available and will be cleaned periodically throughout the day.
- All staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- You are welcome to bring your own hot beverage; however, our warming room will be closed and we will not be providing free hot chocolate or apple cider this season.
- We are still offering tree baling services.
- Please respect physical distancing while our staff assist you.
- Please do not stay on the property longer than necessary after you have chosen your tree. We appreciate you allowing space for others to enter the farm.
We want to make sure everyone has a safe and pleasant experience finding their Christmas tree this year. With that being said, we ask that you follow these covid-19 protocols and adhere to guidance from all staff. Thank you for supporting local.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas! From all of us at Pine Meadows Tree Farms.